When using the car on the track the cornering forces are bending the rubber in the wishbones. Thus changing the desired geometry of the car. This can lead to slower track times and ineffective tire usage.
For that reason we have come up with uniball wishbones. Our race wishbones use metal to metal uniball just like used in Porsche RS line (GT2RS, GT3RS). Tested intensively on our Track Audi TTRS.
Most of the cars used on track are lowered compared to stock. Lowering the car has the undesirable effect of moving the chassis lower than the balljoint and excessive lowering results in the situation where the wishbone is pointing upwards at the wheel end.
This means you need more steering lock when cornering, the car is sluggish to respond and doesn’t feel as communicative. More pictures with additional information bellow.
We are using same T45 tubing as in WRC cars, our wishbones provide increased stiffness and extra adjustment. All factory parts bolt up to this unit, no other modifications are necessary.
This version can only be used with our front tubular subframes.
– Adjustment both caster and camber (up to -4.5 degrees)
– no rubber to bend, you will not loose the geometry set when doing aliment
– corrected bump steer
– works ONLY with our tubular subframe (WAS-560). For standard subframe use this product.
– enables removal of the wishbones with out the need for removal of the subframe
– CNC machined 7075 aluminium insert and anodized in silver
– T45 (BS4T45 to BS4T100) tubing imported from UK and S355 metal sheets
– proven motorsport M18 uniballs (the same type we use in our Lancer EVO X kits)
– plug and play to use with the car inc xenon sensors
What is included:
– two (pair) front tubular wishbones with all hardware for install
– two (pair) CNC billet 7075 aluminium wishbone arm mounts
– set of spacers to reposition the steering rack and front anit-roll bar. Both 20 mm up
– four rubber caps for uniball protection
Used in cars (type numbers in brackets):
2007 – 2013 Audi TT/TTS/TTRS (8J)
– 8J0407151D + 8J0199231 / 8J0 407 151D + 8J0 199 231
T45 is a very unique seamless carbon based steel tube that has been used in many applications in different industries. It is stronger than Co-Mo 4130 tubing that also used in motorsport. It is widely used in the aerospace sector in equipment such as pilot’s seats and crew’s seats due to the materials ability to withstand high G forces without snapping or splitting. This material is a Carbon Manganese based and conforms to the full Aerospace Specification laid down by British Standards.
Tensile: 700 – 900MPa,
0.2% Yield 620MPa minimum
Hardness Test: 201min – 262 max HB or 210min – 275max HV.
Note: It is necessary to remove rubber o-ring (1K0423187) in order to fit steering rack in new higher position. Sold only for off road, race track and racing applications. If the buyer wants to use the parts elsewhere it is up to them to arrange appropriate documents.
When installing the wishbones in our tubular front subframe you should use the higher wishbone mount hole to maintain balance with lowered aluminium bracket.
Image and text used form http://pinderwagen.com/
To address this issue with the come up with our wishbones + subframe set.
The front mount of the wishbone is lowered on the subframe mount. Lower mount hole is standard height, higher mount hole is to be used with our lowered withbones.
– 8J0407151D + 8J0199231