When using the car on the track the cornering forces are bending the rubber in the wishbones (control arms). Thus changing the desired geometry of the car. This can lead to slower track times and ineffective tire usage.
For that reason we have come up with uniball control arms. Our race wishbones use metal to metal uniball just like used in Porsche RS line (GT2RS, GT3RS). Tested intensively on our Track Audi TTRS.
We are using same T45 tubing as in WRC cars, our wishbones provide increased stiffness and extra adjustment. All factory parts bolt up to this unit, no other modifications are necessary.
– Adjustment both caster and camber (up to -4.5 degrees)
– no rubber to bend, you will not loose the geometry set when doing aliment
– works with OEM factory subframe
– T45 (BS4T45 to BS4T100) tubing imported from UK and S355 metal sheets
– proven motorsport M18 uniballs (the same type we use in our Lancer EVO X kits)
What is included:
– two (pair) complete front wishbones (control arms) with all hardware for install in one car
– four rubber caps for uniball protection
Used in cars (type numbers in brackets):
1996-2003 – Audi A3/S3 (8L)
- 1998-2006 – Audi TT (8N)
- 1997-2006 – Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R32 (Mk4)
T45 is a very unique seamless carbon based steel tube that has been used in many applications in different industries. It is stronger than Co-Mo 4130 tubing that also used in motorsport. It is widely used in the aerospace sector in equipment such as pilot’s seats and crew’s seats due to the materials ability to withstand high G forces without snapping or splitting. This material is a Carbon Manganese based and conforms to the full Aerospace Specification laid down by British Standards.
Tensile: 700 – 900MPa,
0.2% Yield 620MPa minimum
Hardness Test: 201min – 262 max HB or 210min – 275max HV.
Note: Sold for off road, track and racing applications only. Installation of this rear arm kit might introduce some additional some NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) transfer into the cabin.