After long CAD development based on 3D scan of OEM subframe, tested with CAD FEA (Finite element method) and road going tests you can now buy brand new, rust free, subframe for rear of your Audi B5 inc. A4 S4 RS4 and B4 80 / 90 Sedan/Avant inc. S2 and RS2.
Using same T45 tubing as in WRC cars, our subframes provide increased stiffness and mass reduction. Our subframe also has reinforced rear anti-roll bar mount. All factory parts bolt up to this unit, no modifications are necessary.
– 10,5 kg, it is 6 kg (13.2 lbs) saving over OEM subframe
– T45 (BS4T45 to BS4T100) tubing imported from UK and S355 metal sheets
– all components TIG welded
– delivered painted (powder coated) black or on special order (+50 euro) any RAL color
– solid mounts to the car body for increased stiffness and additional mass reduction
– reinforced rear anti-roll bar mount
– can be used with OEM wishbones
– mounts to the OEM car body and no other modifications are needed to fit the subframe
– includes extra hole 25 mm higher for drag racing -> anti-squat system
What is included:
– rear subframe painted black
– additional set of screws and washers to use with the subframe
First subframes will be shipped in second half of February.
– Audi A4 B5 Quattro
– Audi S4 B5
– Audi RS4 B5
– Audi 80 Quattro Sedan/Avant (see note below)
– Audi S2 Sedan/Avant (see note below)
– Audi RS2 (see note below)
For cars with older type rear subframe used in B4 cars, to use our subframe, newer longer type (320 mm, old type has 300 mm) of track rods have to be used (8D0 501 530) in the car.
T45 is a very unique seamless carbon based steel tube that has been used in many applications in different industries. It is stronger than Co-Mo 4130 tubing that also used in motorsport. It is widely used in the aerospace sector in equipment such as pilot’s seats and crew’s seats due to the materials ability to withstand high G forces without snapping or splitting. This material is a Carbon Manganese based and conforms to the full Aerospace Specification laid down by British Standards.
Tensile: 700 – 900MPa,
0.2% Yield 620MPa minimum
Hardness Test: 201min – 262 max HB or 210min – 275max HV.
– 8D0505235J / 8D0 505 235J
Notice: Sold only for off road, track and racing applications. We strongly advice to mount the subframe in qualified and experienced workshop that would know what are doing.